I am very happy to announce that I will begin to offer “in-person” private voice lessons again.*
Being very conscious of COVID-19, I have taken the following steps to provide what I believe to be a safe learning environment for both of us.
1. I will greet you first by taking your temperature with an infrared thermometer. If you have a fever, you will not be allowed to enter. I will also ask if you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, such as:
-Fever or chills
-Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
-Fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache
-New loss of taste or smell
-Sore throat, congestion, or runny nose
-Nausea or vomiting
2. I have purchased a 6-½ foot by 3 foot clear vinyl partition to keep us separated.
3. HEPA air filtration unit.
4. Hand sanitizer, wipes, and surface disinfectant.
1. With the exception of greeting you at the door and taking your temperature, we will always be separated by the clear vinyl partition.
2. Masks will always be worn except when singing.
3. All sheet music must be printed by us, individually. If I e-mail you recommended sheet music, you must print it and bring it. If you e-mail me sheet music, I will print it.
4. I will never have “back to back” students. I will always schedule a minimum of a half hour between students. During that time, I will disinfect all surfaces, including the partition, and turn the HEPA air filtration up to “Turbo.”
5. I respectfully ask parents of younger students to remain in their car or return when the lesson is completed.
Keeping our connection to the things we love is even more important right now. I hope we can continue to make music and connect with our voices in a safe, yet personal way. I am always happy to answer any questions you might have.
*NOTE: I am always happy to offer lessons via Zoom if that is a student’s preference. Let’s keep singing!